White Ribbon UK was founded in 2007.
To end male violence against women, once and for all. We engage men in calling out violent, bullying behaviour amongst their peers, and spreading a message of equality and respect.
Whilst we have inequality in our society, it’s vital that we encourage men to recognise and stand against sexism and gender-based violence in all forms.
Lead by example, take the White Ribbon pledge. Sign up to be one of our White Ribbon Ambassadors and get our message everywhere it needs to be heard.
We need to reach out to men and lead by example; male violence against women must stop. Another world is possible – one of equality, respect and kindness.
— Chris Green OBE, Founder of White Ribbon UK
White Ribbon is dedicated to putting a stop to violence perpetrated against women by men.
Our message is one of positivity. We promote a new vision of healthy masculinity, working towards a happier world in which all men treat all women with respect, tolerance and kindness.
6 actions you can take
- Learn about the violence and threats women face from men.
- Challenge sexist language and jokes in your workplace, school and family.
- Examine how your own attitudes and behaviour might contribute to the problem.
- Be a role model for boys. Show that being a man does not mean controlling or dominating others.
- Tell your friends and family about the Campaign.
- Raise awareness on violence against women in your workplace or school.